Admin TrainingAvailability of a well-trained technical team in the e-learning units is the main guarantee for achieving the digital transformation and providing an effective and creative electronic learning environment within the institution. This technical team is specialized in managing and operating the LMS and overcoming the technical issues that staff and students may face while using the e-learning platforms.
One of our main goals is improving the skills of the technical teams, through:
- Preparing and applying specialized questionnaires to identify the training needs of the technical teams of the e-learning units, then analyzing the results of these questionnaires to design tailored training programs that fit these training needs.
- Providing tailored training programs on the skills of managing and operating the LMS.
- Providing technical support and overcoming the technical issues that may face the technical teams in faculties.
Staff TrainingTeacher plays a crucial role in implementing the e-learning through motivating students, engaging them into their learning progress. The teacher provides feedback, follows up on students’ performance and provides the necessary electronic tests on time, and is concerned with preparing an active learning environment rich in activities. From this point of view, we care about refining and developing the technological skills of faculty members enabling them to build high quality E-courses in accordance with the international standards.
We aim to develop the technological skills of faculty members through:
- Preparing and applying specialized questionnaires to identify the training needs of faculty members regarding e-learning skills, then analyzing the results of these questionnaires to design tailored training programs that fit these training needs.
- Training faculty members and assisting staff on the skills of building electronic courses and dealing with e-learning platforms (Teacher Role).
- Designing tailored training programs for training on interactive tools that the e-learning system is enriched with to keep pace with the latest developments in the field of e-learning.
- Providing appropriate tutorials and handouts to help the trainees to apply the acquired skills.
E-Learning is no longer an add-on feature for teaching methods, and it is a necessity. today’s learners want self-paced, relevant, mobile and personalized content that is achieved by eLearning. Through eLearning students receive the following privileges:
- Students can access to the content with an unlimited number of recaps and refreshers.
- Students access updated content with state of the art knowledge and most recent researches.
- E-Learning is an ideal way to provide instant delivery of lessons to the learner.
- E-Learning offers a high level of coverage with a high degree of consistency of message delivered to the targeted audiences.
- E-Learning is cost-effective.
Therefore, we care about developing the technological skills of students enabling them to access and deal with their electronic course effectively.
Moodle Basic skills
This module is designed to help you understand the basics of teaching with Moodle.
- Navigate around a Moodle site and course
- Understand the Dashboard
- Edit course settings and layout
- Manage participants.
- Add course material (files, images, media, folders, web links, label, page)
Assessment and monitoring tools in Moodle
This module covers the different methods available in Moodle for evaluating and monitoring your students.
- How to set up Assignments for students to submit work for you to grade
- How to grade sudent assignments
- How to build your question bank
- How to create Quizzes with automatic grading
- How to use the Gradebook
- How to monitor student activity, participation and more.
Communication and interaction tools in Moodle
This module is designed to help you to engage your learners by employing different communication and interaction tools in the course.
- How to poll your students with the Choice activity
- How to engage your students in discussions with the Forum activity
- How to create a Glossary to which everyone can contribute
- How to use H5P to create engaging and gradeable activities
Virtual classrooms (Deliver online lectures using Microsoft Teams)
This module sets out concepts and skills relating to delivering live online sessions using Microsoft Teams as an effective virtual classroom application.
- Accessing Microsoft Teams web, desktop, or mobile
- The Microsoft Teams Interface
- Create and manage your Teams
- Schedule a Meeting
- Set up the Meetings Lobby & Presenter Options
- The Meetings Control Bar
- Share your Screen, Use the Meeting Whiteboard
- Interact with your students in a Teams Meeting
- Record a Meeting
Producing Recorded lectures
Creating effective pre-recorded slide-based video lectures requires careful consideration of best practices for both presentation development and video creation. This module provides important tips and guidelines that will help faculty members look critically at each part of the processes—enabling them to create high-quality recordings.
- Important Tips Before recording
- Creating Content and Slides
- Recording the Lecture
- Video editing (Montage)
- Reduce video file size
Employing important Apps of Microsoft 365 in eLearning
Microsoft provides valuable tools and free resources that make eLearning more efficient and easier. This module is designed to help you to employ important Apps of Microsoft 365 in eLearning.
- Microsoft Official Mail
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Stream
- Microsoft Forms
This module includes an introduction to the concepts of e-portfolio and its intergration in the hybrid learning system adopted by the university. It will explain the tools of implementation providing examples from different disciplines.
- Definitions of e-portfolio and its importance for the student and the professor.
- How to design comptency based e-portfolio activities through the e-learning platform.
- How to evaluate the activities of the e-portfolio
This module sets out concepts and skills relating to the integration of virtual labs in ecourses for the purpose of teaching, practice and assessment.
- What is meant by virtual laboratories and their importance in the educational process.
- How to employ virtual laboratories in the electronic course (with application to various specialties).
- How to employ virtual laboratories in students formative assessment and competency evaluation.
This module sets out concepts and skills relating to the integration of virtual microscopy in ecourses for the purpose of teaching, practice and assessment.
- How to scan glass slides and convert them to a virtual slide.
- How to use the virtual slide platform
- How to use virtual slides links in the e-learning platform.
- How to employ virtual microscopy in students formative assessment and competency evaluation.
Comments are closed.