Who We Are ?
Central eLearning unit- Education Strategy Administration
Ain shams university
Who We Are ?
Central eLearning unit- Education Strategy AdministrationAin shams university
To set the strategic plans of the e-learning system in Ain Shams University.
To implement educationally effective innovative technologies in e-learning and distance education.
Continuous monitoring and evaluation of the implemented system according to both national and international quality standards.
To build standardized administrative system to facilitate the application of e-learning and distance education systems.
To train human resources to be able to apply and develop e-learning systems and distance education.
Ensuring modern, integrated IT environment to meet the developments of e-learning and distance education.
Ensuring high quality of the provided distance education programs to meet the needs of the labor market.
To promote the culture and ethics of e-learning in Ain Shams University.
Ain shams university comprises Four professional e-learning studios that serves in the production of educational videos.
All studios are equipped with highly professional accredited soundproof system that enables the production of high-quality audio recordings. Studios include all required equipment’s to produce highly professional educational videos like green screen, professional cameras, all kinds of lighting system, microphones, smart screens, white boards and teleprompter.
Studios of the university are in faculty of medicine, faculty of arts, faculty of women and faculty of postgraduate studies of childhood.
Types and samples of produced educational videos
The university administration aims at pioneering in the field of using innovative tools in education. One of the main effective innovative tools is virtualization of workplace training settings. It aims at developing students’ skills and practice. Utilizing virtualization allow students and teachers to work anywhere on any device, thus improving flexibility and reducing organizational cost.
ASU Virtual microscopy platform
Microscopy, macroscopy, cytology provided by teacher annotations are essential learning guides in scientific and health sciences education. Supported by a list of interactive tools on the platform that enables the student to highly engage while learning.
Histopathological microscopic learning slides and high-resolution medical images are transferred directly to the students’ cell phones or laptops — with all zoom functions as with a real microscope. It offers lecturers the opportunity to upload additional learning materials to the platform: PDFs, images, audio sequences, text or table documents, or teaching videos.
Every student can digitally zoom and move histological slides and other medical images, just like on a real microscope. The cloud-based platform works on all browser-based devices such as Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop, or PC/Mac at any time without any software installation.
Integration the interactive 3D virtual labs simulation applications with the e-learning system for students provide training on the steps of laboratory experiments in a virtual environment, which helps the student to practice the steps in the theoretically correct manner before the application in real labs setting, which in turn will lead to improving the performance of students and reducing the waste of time and resources.
Explanatory videos of some of the experiments available in the application
Virtual patient platform
Simulation is an emerging as a new medical educational strategy that allows students to repeat a given scenario as many times as needed, make mistakes, learn, receive proper feedback and finally, improve their clinical reasoning skills required in clinical practice without compromising the safety of patients.
Availability of a well-trained technical team in the e-learning units is the main guarantee for achieving the digital transformation and providing an effective and creative electronic learning environment within the institution. This technical team is specialized in managing and operating the LMS and overcoming the technical issues that staff and students may face while using the e-learning platforms.
One of our main goals is improving the skills of the technical teams, through:
- Preparing and applying specialized questionnaires to identify the training needs of the technical teams of the e-learning units, then analyzing the results of these questionnaires to design tailored training programs that fit these training needs.
- Providing tailored training programs on the skills of managing and operating the LMS.
- Providing technical support and overcoming the technical issues that may face the technical teams in faculties.
Teacher plays a crucial role in implementing the e-learning through motivating students, engaging them into their learning progress. The teacher provides feedback, follows up on students’ performance and provides the necessary electronic tests on time, and is concerned with preparing an active learning environment rich in activities. From this point of view, we care about refining and developing the technological skills of faculty members enabling them to build high quality E-courses in accordance with the international standards.
We aim to develop the technological skills of faculty members through:
- Preparing and applying specialized questionnaires to identify the training needs of faculty members regarding e-learning skills, then analyzing the results of these questionnaires to design tailored training programs that fit these training needs.
- Training faculty members and assisting staff on the skills of building electronic courses and dealing with e-learning platforms (Teacher Role).
- Designing tailored training programs for training on interactive tools that the e-learning system is enriched with to keep pace with the latest developments in the field of e-learning.
- Providing appropriate tutorials and handouts to help the trainees to apply the acquired skills.
E-Learning is no longer an add-on feature for teaching methods, and it is a necessity. today’s learners want self-paced, relevant, mobile and personalized content that is achieved by eLearning. Through eLearning students receive the following privileges:
- Students can access to the content with an unlimited number of recaps and refreshers.
- Students access updated content with state of the art knowledge and most recent researches.
- E-Learning is an ideal way to provide instant delivery of lessons to the learner.
- E-Learning offers a high level of coverage with a high degree of consistency of message delivered to the targeted audiences.
- E-Learning is cost-effective.
Therefore, we care about developing the technological skills of students enabling them to access and deal with their electronic course effectively.
Comments are closed.